Does iTunes Match/iTunes in the Cloud work in iOS 8?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by H3LL5P4WN, Jun 12, 2014.

1. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 6502a

H3LL5P4WN

As the title asks, does it work in 8?

I'm a Match subscriber and I am having a hell of a time trying to get my music onto my newest replacement 5S (screen was unattached in upper right hand corner, on two launch day 5Ss for me).

It seems that about 2/3 of the songs on an album won't download, telling me that it's unable to at this time. If I persist, retrying/disabling, re-enabling Match/restarting, I can usually get an album on my phone within 2 hours. And that's completely ridiculous.

It's behaving this way on my unjailbroken 5S with 7.1.1. and my jailbroken iPad Mini on 7.0.6.

My underlining cause to ask in the iOS 8 Forum is simple and driven by frustration. If it still doesn't "just work", then I'm not going to continue to pay for it and will likely look elsewhere when the 6 drops; I'm asking if I should just hang in there or is there no light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks!

2. TimUSCA macrumors 6502a

TimUSCA

Yes, it works. That said, it's always worked for me anyway, even on iOS 7.

3. H3LL5P4WN thread starter macrumors 6502a

H3LL5P4WN

Not to mince words, it's quit on me. The songs with the download icons indicate where I'm at after having tried to download this album for the last hour. If I press them, they turn into progress circles, then back to download buttons.

Attached Files:

4. TimUSCA macrumors 6502a

TimUSCA

This is a glitch with iCloud itself, not the OS. I hate that you're having issues... I'm just saying that it works for most people, and upgrading to iOS 8 likely won't change anything. The only thing you could try is a fresh install of iOS without any restores.

5. H3LL5P4WN thread starter macrumors 6502a

H3LL5P4WN

That's something I can't do. Aside from having to rebuild my set up (annoying but not deal breaking), I'd lose my camera roll. Which since Photostream isn't copying to my PC, I'd lose all of my photos (on my phone).

6. ProphetX macrumors 6502

Working for me with no problems. None that i've noticed anyways.

7. kevo0822 macrumors 6502

Have you tried disabling Match on your phone, deleting ALL music on your phone, and then re-enabling Match? I've had that work for me in the past. Mine's currently working fine but I've definitely had my share of issues. If the service wasn't so convenient, I probably would've moved onto something else by now.

8. H3LL5P4WN thread starter macrumors 6502a

H3LL5P4WN

Yup. Every combination of disabling/signing out/restarting/deleting you can think of. :(

9. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Hi,

I'm actually having extreme difficulty getting new songs to sync in iTunes, and they only show as gray on my iPhone. It stopped working after updating to iOS 8 and Yosemite, but it was many days after so I feel that it's probably just a coincidence.

Are you experiencing similar issues?

I'm planning on rolling back to Mavericks to see if I can at least get the music to sync to iTunes Match.

10. H3LL5P4WN thread starter macrumors 6502a

H3LL5P4WN

I experienced that as well, but telling iTunes (on my pc) to update iTunes Match resolved the issue.

11. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

iTunes match has been buggy since its release. Anyone who thinks different google iTunes match Stuck/frozen/won't play on steps 1 2 or 3. You can even set the search for the past 24 hours or any other interval. This is truly a beta product.

12. H3LL5P4WN thread starter macrumors 6502a

H3LL5P4WN

I think I scared iTunes Match into working. I've been watching HTC One videos all morning.

13. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Check front page. Seems iTunes service has been spotty as of this morning, and other users (including myself) have had inability to sync music for the past 1-2 days.

14. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I been having this same issue on my iPhone 5 running 7.1.1 and I thought it was just me. I been having this issue for a few weeks too, but I keep on tapping the cloud to download and it eventually goes on my phone.

15. H3LL5P4WN thread starter macrumors 6502a

H3LL5P4WN

I'm still having trouble, but it's nowhere near as bad as yesterday and the day before. I'd say it's tolerable. :p

16. 6825924 Suspended

17. Egish macrumors member

This is why they need to let iTunes be iTunes and move the playlists, settings, songs etc to be completely in the iCloud. And NOT be a filemanager for system files and such. Or App manager. I would think the App store is a better place to locate it.

I have wanted to get my playlists synced between all my devices, but can not. It seems to be a remove this or that files from the device may help reboot the syncs, but have not gone that far yet.

To me a playlist is no different in theory, than a bookmark. They do real good at syncing those on all the devices. So make playlists and songs and matching do the same.

18. joshforman macrumors regular

Use phone view (Mac) or ibackupbot (cross platform) to back stuff up.

I wipe my devices every once in a while and start fresh. It definitely helped after upgrading to iOS 7 because every WebKit view was crashing. I am able to save individual apps data and preferences, and my icon layout.

19. H3LL5P4WN, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014

H3LL5P4WN thread starter macrumors 6502a

H3LL5P4WN

I'm looking into this now. Thanks for the tip! $35 to fix a problem that shouldn't exist? :(

20. Stuke00 macrumors 68000