Does iTunes offer any music that is DRM Free?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GoWSox, Apr 6, 2010.

1. GoWSox macrumors newbie

GoWSox

I am trying to edit a project for class in Final cut pro and like and idiot thought I was going to use my itunes libary (relax, I know if I showed it in public, I would be screwed for using copywritten music), but I wanted to know if iTunes is ever going to get rid of that format, considering it seems like other services have done away with it as a marketing edge. :confused::confused::confused:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1711

3. GoWSox thread starter macrumors newbie

GoWSox

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You can also upgrade eligible songs that you've previously purchased, by clicking the "iTunes Plus" link in the right column of the iTunes home page.

5. SteveLaidoffs macrumors newbie

SteveLaidoffs

yeah most do now, I had another thread like this and some other companies that offer it are emusic and amazon

also someone sent me this new one scattertunes (gave a link because it's prob. less known) they have like 320 kpbs music

check any of those out

6. quantum003 macrumors 6502a

quantum003

I've heard rumors of iTunes+ but I've never seen anything that I was trying to buy offered that way...

7. ReggaeFire macrumors 6502

If it's a paid download in iTunes, it's iTunes Plus. They removed all the tracks that weren't upgraded to Plus. They still put DRM on the weekly free downloads I think.