Does iTunes offer any music that is DRM Free?

GoWSox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2010
Lincoln Park, IL
I am trying to edit a project for class in Final cut pro and like and idiot thought I was going to use my itunes libary (relax, I know if I showed it in public, I would be screwed for using copywritten music), but I wanted to know if iTunes is ever going to get rid of that format, considering it seems like other services have done away with it as a marketing edge. :confused::confused::confused:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1711
What is iTunes Plus?
iTunes Plus is the new standard on iTunes. iTunes Plus downloads are songs and music videos available in our highest quality 256 kbps AAC audio encoding (twice the audio quality of protected music purchases), and without digital rights management (DRM). iTunes Plus music can be burned to CD as many times as you need, synced to any AAC-enabled device (such as iPod, iPhone, or Apple TV), and played on any Mac or Windows computers you own.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
You can also upgrade eligible songs that you've previously purchased, by clicking the "iTunes Plus" link in the right column of the iTunes home page.

SteveLaidoffs

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2010
Peoria, Il
yeah most do now, I had another thread like this and some other companies that offer it are emusic and amazon

also someone sent me this new one scattertunes (gave a link because it's prob. less known) they have like 320 kpbs music

check any of those out

ReggaeFire

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2003
I've heard rumors of iTunes+ but I've never seen anything that I was trying to buy offered that way...
If it's a paid download in iTunes, it's iTunes Plus. They removed all the tracks that weren't upgraded to Plus. They still put DRM on the weekly free downloads I think.