Does iTunes still put a security hold on when you update billing information?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ConnorTurnbull, Nov 20, 2011.

1. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

I apologise if this is the wrong forum - but I didn't know where else to put. Since it's an iPhone app involved, I thought i'd write it in here.

Last night I purchased Doodle Jump Christmas for 69p. When I went up to my bank today, £2.27 has been taken out of my account (well, it's pending out of my balance). Any thing i've bought on my card or taken from a cashpoint is accounted for on my mini-statement.

When I take the £2.27 that's been debited from my account, and subtract 69p, I get £1.58 which I wondered went where? Turns out iTunes at least used to charge £1.58 when billing information was updated. Indeed, I changed my billing information last night.

It makes sense now that iTunes has put a security hold on that £1.58 for authorisation purposes. However, I just wanted to double check - does iTunes still do this?

Cheers!

2. iPaddude macrumors newbie

iPaddude

This happened to me it turned out to be for some apps that had not been billed. I had downloaded them but not billed for over a month don't know why just 1 of those life's little mysterys lol

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

And yes, they will do it to validate your payment info.