does iWork (Pages) have notebook layout view?

mac000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
679
0
I like iWork '06 and all, but i use MS office for mac as well simply bc of the notebook layout view.

I would like to run my office program natively since i only have intel macs, but i cannot find a "NoteBook Layout View" in Pages.

MS office for mac has the view, does Pages have the option?
 

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
10,300
10,435
UK
mac000 said:
I like iWork '06 and all, but i use MS office for mac as well simply bc of the notebook layout view.

I would like to run my office program natively since i only have intel macs, but i cannot find a "NoteBook Layout View" in Pages.

MS office for mac has the view, does Pages have the option?
i don't think so...
 

mac000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
679
0
IJ Reilly said:
I'm not sure what this is, but Pages does have a page thumbnail view feature. Is that what you mean?

no its like a "blank layout" with the lines of a notebook. A page with lines for taking "notes" just as in a college ruled notebook
 

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
17,915
1,466
Palookaville
mac000 said:
no its like a "blank layout" with the lines of a notebook. A page with lines for taking "notes" just as in a college ruled notebook
Then no, though I will admit that I don't get the value of this feature.
 

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
6,253
17
Orlando
The value of the feature is what the OP didn't explain. You can keep your notes organized in one file, but with little tabs off to the side for the different sections, or classes, or whatever you want. I don't use it because Word doesn't work well on my computer, but I kinda wish I could. It'd be easier to study from than just straight text documents, even with the little bit of formatting I do on the fly.

And no, they're right, Pages doesn't include it.

jW
 

i4k20c

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2005
658
12
Mal said:
The value of the feature is what the OP didn't explain. You can keep your notes organized in one file, but with little tabs off to the side for the different sections, or classes, or whatever you want. I don't use it because Word doesn't work well on my computer, but I kinda wish I could. It'd be easier to study from than just straight text documents, even with the little bit of formatting I do on the fly.

And no, they're right, Pages doesn't include it.

jW
you can also record the lectures, and the lectures will correspond to the lecture notes if you do it properly...