Does JailBreak have a future? iOS 6, 7 and so on?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sensamic, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Sensamic macrumors 68030

Hey everyone.

I really like jailbreak since I discovered it a few months ago, especially changing the look of iOS with themes. This is very important.

The problem is I don't know if jailbreak will continue in the future. What do you guys think? Will iOS 6, 7 and 8 (and so on) continue to be jailbreakable? I don't see it, really. The jailbreak community will probably get smaller and smaller with time, especially considering apples continues efforts to patch security holes and stuff.

What do you guys think?

2. apmorency macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

where ever there is a locked door, someone will find a way to open it. That's been the way of the computer World since the beginning, Grasshoppah.

3. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Only thing I noticed is that a lot of the smaller stuff on Cydia takes a while to move up...stuff like Winterboard and SBSettings usually are ready for the new iOS pretty fast. MyWi is already ready for iOS5.