Does jailbreaking lose App Pack

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hoch2888, May 21, 2008.

1. hoch2888 macrumors newbie

Does jailbreaking an iPod touch (purchased right before the January Application update pack, and had to purchase via itunes) and then restoring it lose the app pack? Is there a way to keep it so I can backup the apps?

keep in mind, I have re-formatted my mac since the last time i hooked up my ipod... where is the app pack stored, and how do i add this to itunes

thanks

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I think you will loose the app pack but when you jailbreak you can get them back via installer ;)

if you add http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml to the sources then go to install and look for a category called iPod Touched theres an item in there labeled Iphone apps + wiggle, this will give you back the full update once installed

3. dagored macrumors 65816

Do a sync. Then JB. When you sync after the JB you get the App Pac back, if you had previously purchased it.

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

even though hoch2888's mac has been formatted?

5. dagored macrumors 65816

That is why the sync before the JB. A small, for lack of a better term, unlock file is downloaded to your Mac/PC listing the purchased or install, etc.

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

The app pack is associated woth your itunes account, so it will redownload if you lost the file, but restore your ipod, and your apps should still be there

7. hoch2888 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

aaahhh I'm with ya know ;)