Does latest Skype work on jailbroken 4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dubnde, Jun 20, 2011.

1. dubnde macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8J2)

I jailbroke my factory unlocked iPhone running version 4.3.3 using redsn0w 0.9.6rc18. I then installed latest version of Skype from the Appstore and it worked fine for a couple of days. Then suddenly it stopped working. It locks up after loggin in and does not respond to any touches. Tried removing and reinstalling and I am getting same result.

So I removed the jailbreak and it worked fine no problems. I then re-jailbroke again and same bad results with skype. All other apps work fine.

Does latest version of Skype work fine on jailbroken iPhone running version 4.3.3? Is there something else I need to do to set it up correctly?

2. Kaydin macrumors member

Works great for me, on my iPhone 4, with iOS 4.3.3 jailbroken. (Mobile Substrate is also installed)

3. dubnde thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8J2)

Probably some other jailbreak app I've got then. Strange thing it worked for couple of days and just started playing up.

4. dubnde thread starter macrumors regular

Got it. It was the PagePusher Cydia app causing the problem. Luckily it was the third app I removed when trying to investigate what app was causing the problem.