Does Leopard Automatically Reognize...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nyycavo24, Jan 24, 2008.

1. nyycavo24 macrumors member

Does Leopard automatically recognize the left AND right mouse buttons on a conventional PC mouse?

Meaning, do you have to continue the "Control + click" thing to bring up menus, or would it just be like a pc where right clicking would bring it up?

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Macs have been compatible with multi-button mice for many years (since long before OS X).

4. nyycavo24 thread starter macrumors member

I'm new to the world of contemporary Macs...outside of my time using them at school for video editing, I haven't used them since the old, floppy disc days.

Thanks for the help everyone!

5. jaded-mandarin macrumors regular

Can I just ask you lot why Apple peripherals don't have a right click, when they do have complete support for them? I find it strange, especially as Mac's are widespread across the design community, and as a design student myself, I know how useful the right click is in Photoshop etc.

6. nyycavo24 thread starter macrumors member

Goos question...if I had to guess, I would think because they really try to differentiate themselves from regular PCs and Microsoft by any means necessary.

Even though the 2 button mouse is obviously much better and much more functional.

That being said, I love my Mac (don't attack me everyone!)

7. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

All Macs have the Mighty Mouse now which is a 2-button mouse. For a long time it really bugged me that Apple refused to include a 2-button mouse. So dumb.

8. Doris Waldhelm macrumors newbie

I had to activate my Mighty Mouse.
    Choose System Preferences. Click Keyboard & Mouse. Click the Mouse tab. Picture of mouse pops up. Choose Secondary Button.
    Now you can right click.

9. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

I don't mind the mighty mouse, in fact I actually bought one a little whiel after they came out.

I ended up wanting a wireless setup and I also wanted a mouse that had more button. I now have the logitech S530 setup which i really do love (except for logitech software).

I know from experience that teaching some computer illiterate people can be much harder with a two button mouse then the one button mouse. My mother and father both complain when i bring my mouse and keyboard home to use with there mac cause there are two many buttons on the thing. It's so much easier to tell them to press the button down then to explain to them which one needs to be pressed when and were.

Plus, for all intent and purpose you can get away with a one button mouse on a mac. That feet would be near impossible on a windows machine.

10. AR WriteR macrumors newbie

Thank you so much