does leopard fix the dual monitor issue?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Freyqq, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Freyqq macrumors 68040

I have a MBP SR 2.2 stock model. I cannot use DVI in bootcamp with an external monitor and get over 1024x768. This is a common problem pre-leopoad with vista under bootcamp.

Do the new drivers that come with lepoard fix this issue? Thanks.

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

3. lockdown571 macrumors newbie

I just tried it with the leopard drivers, and while my mbp monitor stays at 1400x900, the external monitor is fixed at 1024x768. Lame. Really lame. Is it really that hard for apple/nvidia to fix this?

Btw, this is a 2.4 15" MBP SR

4. Freyqq thread starter macrumors 68040

lame indeed

one would think that this would be a pretty simple thing to fix...

try this program - http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner

its called rivatuner. It has an option that allows one to add custom resolutions. I tried it with the 1.4 beta drivers but the added custom resolutions didn't stick for some reason. Maybe the new bootcamp has changed something. Thanks.

also, we should all post on feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html the issue. Maybe they'll fix it.

5. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

I was just trying this. I have a 17" MBP and a 23" ACD. Not only can I not get the ACD to display anything but 1680x1050 (the MBP's native res), but I also can't get it to do anything but work in mirrored mode. It only recognizes both monitors as display 1.

This is quite absurd, since there is no reason for Windows not to support dual displays correctly.

Has anyone tried (for those with ATI cards) using the ATI display driver and Catalyst COntrol center software that ATI has for Boot Camp?

Edit: meant to say, this is after updating with the Leopard BootCamp drivers.

6. Freyqq thread starter macrumors 68040

that's ridiculous. Its even an apple-made monitor. You would think that they would at the very least support their own hardware. Considering bootcamp is now supported..EVERYTHING should work.

7. Illegit macrumors newbie

Is this dual monitor problem an issue only with Vista or does it affect XP as well?

8. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

I'm using Windows XP. I think this is really just an Apple driver issue since I use an external display with my Dell M90 laptop running XP.

9. Freyqq thread starter macrumors 68040

i have no idea what it is. The laptop2go drivers (alternate video drivers) don't fix this issue either. VGA works fine too, just not DVI. It makes no sense. To bad 24" monitors look horrible in VGA.

10. Nabeel_co macrumors newbie

Official boot camp drivers have issues.

Hi all,

I also have this problem, however when I was running the boot camp beta it was working just fine.

When boot camp came out officially, i upgraded boot camp, and things were still fine because i could still access ATI's catalyst control panel. But after i formated and reinstalled windows and boot camp from scratch, the catalyst panel was no longer there, and i could no longer enable multiple monitors through it, since before that was the only way to get it to work.

My specs FYI: MacBook Pro 17" 1.16GHz Core Duo ATI X1600 256MB GDDR3 (the original MacBook Pro 17")

Thanks,
    Nabeel

11. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

12. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Of note, those drivers aren't supporting MB, just MBP, MP, and iMac. Poo.