Does Lion hate the Voice Control?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by chrf097, Dec 22, 2011.

1. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

So I'm trying to make the Mac OS X voice control work, except it will simply not listen to any voice. I tried mine and my mom's voice, but nothing works. My friend's Macbook with Snow Leopard picks my voice up just fine. I'm speaking clearly and enunciating my words. I've tried calibration but it would not pick up any of the phrases I was speaking. Even my iMac G3 with Jaguar understood me! It's very frustrating because I like using commands. Help please? My microphone does work. I tested in Garageband.

2. Joos24 macrumors regular

I never use this feature although I've tried to get it to work in Snow Leopard but failed, but I will now in Lion thanks to you. I actually just tried it and it works very well. I know you said you already did the calibration but it's imperative that you have it set properly so it doesn't go into the distortion field or it will not understand your commands.
    I will say this, I'm on an iMac right now and while the built-in microphone worked just fine, the Apple earbuds with microphone worked very well in terms of Lion responding. I was able to open and close Mail and Firefox on the first try without issue. I also tried raising and lowering the pitch in my voice and I had zero issues.
    As I said earlier I left this feature alone because I couldn't get it work well in Snow Leopard, but in Lion it works very well, but I must recommend that an external microphone will be your best friend. Try recalibration as well. :)

3. chrf097 thread starter macrumors 68040

chrf097

Still having major and upsetting issues with this. This was my favorite function of Mac OS. How can I make it work? :(