Does Mac have software for organizing tasks/calls?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hollywoodmacguy, Aug 6, 2007.

1. hollywoodmacguy macrumors regular

Am trying to find software to help with organizing tasks and phone calls and am wondering if there's software somewhere within OSX that can fill this bill. iCal has a To Do feature, but it's not really useful.

Thanks in advance for any Mac (or, if necessary, non-Mac) software suggestions!

2. McGiord, Aug 6, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

3. hollywoodmacguy thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, McGiord and yellow. Appreciate the suggestions! :)

Now, if I could just find a software program to manage my phone sheet... :rolleyes:

4. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Could you elaborate on exactly what you need each app to do, please. Thanks.

5. hollywoodmacguy thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks very much for your post. My needs for tasks and phone sheets are fairly basic:

- Tasks/Projects: need to organize a series of projects by category, with some sort of timeline associated with them.

- Phone sheets: similarly need to organize a semi-complex phone sheet by category and status of calls, e.g. left word, pending, etc.

If you happen to know of any software, Apple or Mac-compatible, that might suffice, I'd greatly appreciate any tips...

6. hollywoodmacguy thread starter macrumors regular

EmptyCup - Did you have any thoughts given this information? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

7. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Since you specifically ask me, I have to say that I don't require more than a simple calendaring program. Would this work for you? Best wishes.

8. hollywoodmacguy thread starter macrumors regular

Tried to dowload this software, which looks very useful, but the binary file it apparently comes in - .dmg - is unrecognizable to my Mac, which says it has no app to open it...

Anyone have any ideas what this is and how to open it?

And, if not, any other software suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

9. Jantheman macrumors newbie

I Know A Solution!

There's a new online service called www.phonesheet.com. It's still in Beta, but it was a built by a company that has been building phonesheets and Incoming and Outgoing submission databases for Hollywood production companies for years. They have a FileMaker solution as well, but phonesheet.com is their attempt at a web-based solution.

10. epiphany macrumors regular

Normally, the file, being a 'disk image' file, would load itself as what looks like an external drive icon.
    From their website, iGTD requires OS 10.4 . Is that what you're running?