Does .Mac Web Gallery work with eBay?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Wheetman, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Wheetman macrumors member

Hi Folks,

Getting ready for the changeover in October. May I just ask, does the .Mac Web Gallery service allow a user to host pictures for auction sites, such as eBay, or is this something that is better achieved through an app like Garage Sale or iSale?

Any advice will be welcome.

Kind regards,

Wheetman

2. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I use flickr...which is free....or flickr pro..25 bucks a year, i can take a iphone pic, send it straight to the web, love it :)

3. Wheetman thread starter macrumors member

Hi Cybergypsy,

Thank you for your reply. I have checked out Flickr and agree that it is a cool hosting service. Their Terms of Service, however, prohibit the use of Flickr for any commercial venture - this, it seems includes hosting pictures for use on eBay. There are a number of threads in their Forum which confirms this. Sadly Flickr is a no go for what I want to do.

Kind regards,

Wheetman

4. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Ive used the homepage associated with the .mac account several times when selling something on ebay. You can host pics from .mac or just create an album with whatever you are selling and provide the link in the auction title.

For example, here is a hotlinked pic from a homepage album:

http://homepage.mac.com/superman1496/.Pictures/ipod/IMG_0446.JPG

(big picture so I didnt use the IMG tags, dont know what the resize html tags are)

Or you can provide the link to the album in your auction

http://homepage.mac.com/superman1496/ipod/PhotoAlbum29.html

5. Wheetman thread starter macrumors member

VoodooDaddy - Thanks, that's really cool, especially the link to the album. I've discovered that very much the same can be achieved through Google's Picasa 2 Web Gallery, which gives you 1 Gig of storage for free. Whilst the full Picasa does not support the Mac you can still upload to Web Gallery from iphoto via a Picasa plugin. So looks like I'll be covered whichever route I choose.

Thanks for your input.

Wheetman