Does MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) need Calibration?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by davyvfr, Sep 10, 2012.

1. davyvfr macrumors regular

I called AppleCare Tech support just asking (out of curiosity) if the Mid 2012 model Macbook Pro's need calibrating, and the lady on the phone said YES. I thought these Macbook Pro's don't need calibration? I gave her my Serial Number so it was obvious what model I had (to eliminate misunderstanding).

And in calibration, I mean battery calibration.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

She's wrong. The built-in batteries in the newer Mac unibody notebooks come pre-calibrated and do not require regular calibration like the removable batteries in older Apple notebooks.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

I've posted this link in two other threads you've started. If you'll take the time to read it, you won't need to keep asking these battery questions, as they're all answered in the Battery FAQ.

3. davyvfr thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, thats exactly what I thought. She sent me the article saying new macbook pro's do NOT need to be calibrated and told me to follow the instructions on Apple's webpage.