Does Macrumors ever plan on changing the name of the iPhone tab to the iOS tab?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by iPhoney:), Sep 7, 2010.

1. iPhoney:) macrumors member

iOS is an ecosystem that is no longer tiered to a single device, I think it's the next logical step.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I think there will be changes made along with the major update to MR so this will just be added to the endless list like many other suggestions :p Good point though, it makes sense.

3. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

People don't really discuss iOS though, they discuss their iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.

IMO they should stay separate so visitors of each forum aren't hammered with posts for other devices.

Imagine when the iPhone 4 came out if all of that went into the iPad forum!

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

We're planning a bit of restructuring with our upcoming design refresh, so stay tuned. I can't promise when you can expect to see something roll out though.

5. Roric macrumors regular

I have been promising a design refresh with new features on my church's website for 2 years now. I hope to actually find the time to get started something this winter. I don't give a time estimate anymore when asked. :D

6. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

MR already has specific tabs for iPod Touch, iPad and iPhone as each device carries it's own specific issues/topics. An iOS tab that would represent the iPhone wouldn't make sense if iPod Touch and iPad don't get merged into the iOS tab as well, and that probably wouldn't happen.

7. iPhoney:) thread starter macrumors member

I'm guessing these tabs you speak of are hidden away like the illusive page 3 :p. http://www.macrumors.com/page3/