Does Magic Mouse work with Windows 7 (not via boot camp, normal PC)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by marcin0903, Nov 22, 2009.

1. marcin0903 macrumors regular

as in thread, does Magic Mouse work with Windows 7 but not via boot camp, via normal PC, that has only Windows 7? I'm asking becouse if it works I can get it 20$ cheaper :).

2. aresinferno macrumors regular

In short, yes. I believe so.

http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2009/11/14588/

3. n0m0n macrumors newbie

n0m0n

Not sure if this is still being monitored or not but I too need a way to get the Mighty Mouse Multi Touch mouse to play nice with my PC / win7.

The link above takes me to the page where this is spoken about but it has expired and the downloads are dead.
    Can anyone know help me to better understand how I can get scrolling to work?

The PC does see and allow me to use the mouse (left and right Click) but hats it.

Thanks

4. rtheb, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011

rtheb macrumors 6502

Windows 7 doesn't support much more than clicks, zoom, and scrolling on the Magic Mouse so I'm not sure what you are looking for.

You should still be able to download the Windows 7 drivers here.

I just installed the Boot Camp Drivers in my dedicated (Not a Boot Camp Mac) Windows 7 computer from my Mac OS X 10.6 Boot Disk and let it install all the drivers. I then let Apple Software Update update the Drivers to 3.1 and 3.2.

I've had no problems with the Magic Mouse at all.

However you can try the drivers from the link above and let us know if they do the trick for you.

5. n0m0n macrumors newbie

n0m0n

THANKS
    It works great on my Win7 PC...
    The scroll works up and down, left to right, as well the zoom is working to.

Thanks this works better then I was hoping for.