Does Match for jb 5.0 work?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by srf4real, Nov 16, 2011.

1. srf4real, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011

srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.0 redsn0w tethered JB when I open up the music app I get a gray screen for about ten seconds and then music.app window closes. I already paid for the iTunes match service and synced my music library, have followed the directions to log in as same Apple ID on iPhone as used to buy iTunes match.. it is not working after turning the toggle on in settings > music on my phone.

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

No offense, but no one else has reported this, and many people have been using redsn0w on iOS 5 with match (including myself, before I just resold my 4) for a while now without any crashes. I don't think it's necessarily jailbreaking, but maybe a tweak you're running. Just be more cautious about running around making relationships between things that aren't necessarily true.

3. KevinC867 macrumors 6502a

It works great for me. Original iPad and iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0 with redsn0w jailbreak and SemiTethered. I was skeptical, but I figured it was worth a try. It's really pretty cool.

4. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Works good for me

5. srf4real thread starter macrumors 68030

srf4real

Duly noted. (Thread title altered) So it is just me.. and some others not even jb. I am beginning to suspect that the match hasn't even occurred actually. Every time I open iTunes the Match service is starting up at the beginning all over again..

Thanks for your replies!

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Maybe try uninstalling all or any tweaks and then try testing it out! Or restore to stock and see if you can get match to work on it's own.

7. srf4real thread starter macrumors 68030

srf4real

I just needed some patience. Must have been competing with all you other early adopters for Apple bandwidth.. now my music.app on iPhone is full of my iTunes library or at least full of links to downloads of it. Works great for now, no added work on my part. Sorry for the hysteria earlier.:eek::eek:;)