Does Matlab 2012a work with Mountain Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hephaestus, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Hephaestus macrumors 6502

So I upgraded to ML from SL and I'm pretty annoyed to discover my Matlab r2010 no longer works, so I guess I'll have to upgrade. I checked the mathworks store and it says under the system requirements that Matlab r2012a works with Lion, there is no mention of Mountain Lion.

My question is does anyone have it? Someone must know if it works, I've searched but can't find a concrete answer. I'm also quite annoyed to discover that Mathworks don't even offer an upgrade option for previous customers. I have to pay full price again to get the latest version... a discounted upgrade option would have been nice since the software is pretty darn expensive.

Meanwhile my friends pirate it and laugh at my inconvenience... not much incentive to pay for software is there. :(

2. solarmist macrumors newbie

I'm using 2012a on Mountain Lion and it works fine. Yeah, I had to upgrade earlier this year when I found out Lion didn't support 2010a.

3. Rocky244 macrumors regular

I'm using it, although I got an error, something about not having x11 installed anymore. I guess ML doesn't ship with it.

It might've been one of my specific interfaces though, but I just had to install another app real quick and I was back online.

4. moviebiz macrumors member

xQuartz needs to be installed since Apple no longer bundles x11 with Mac OS X 10.8.

5. Hephaestus thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Psychj0e macrumors regular

2012a is working on my 2010 macbook air since I upgraded to ML (had to reinstall x11), but 2009b no longer works (which is a shame because one of the main toolkits in my field only works on 32bit versions of MATLAB).

7. Rocky244 macrumors regular

Ya, I said that.

8. kk2628 macrumors newbie

Mathlab TRTH

Hi,

Thanks for the info as I just wanted to upgrade to ML and Mathlab will be the incoming application that I am going to use.

BTW, does any know that what is the subscription rate to use the Thomson Reuters Tick History data feed ?

Thanks

9. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

I used to pirate software until I got a job. Then, I happily pay for quality software.

Incidentally, Mathworks' corporate headquarters is less than 5 minutes from here. They are building a huge new wing of their campus, looks like they are expanding.

10. Sneipen92 macrumors newbie

Hello there

So I recently upgraded to Mountain Lion and now I can't open MatLab r2011a. This is perhaps the worst timing because I have my mid-term in programming tomorrow. At first when i launched Matlab I was told to download x11, so Apple redirects me to this site and i download a program called XQuartz. After installation Im told to "log off and on and make x11 default something". How do I do this? When I launch XQuartz it's just an empty notebook asking for commands.

Again this is really urgent I would really appriciate if someone took the time to explain how I fix this!