Does Maya8 a UB Version for Mac?

macincar

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
So It's not a UBware What's Autodesk guys thinking? Shame on them...Thanks ,I'll search next time before posting!:)

FredClausen

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
KALM
I was a little surprised to see it wasn't Universal, especially since their last release was after the first MacIntel machines. Only two explanations I can think of is that Maya was too late in the dev cycle to go Universal (I don't envy those high performance app creators like Adobe and the like AT ALL going to Universal) or that the MacPro wasn't out and they didn't want to put a version of Maya out until they had the pro grade hardware out.

ATD

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2005
FredClausen said:
I was a little surprised to see it wasn't Universal, especially since their last release was after the first MacIntel machines. Only two explanations I can think of is that Maya was too late in the dev cycle to go Universal (I don't envy those high performance app creators like Adobe and the like AT ALL going to Universal) or that the MacPro wasn't out and they didn't want to put a version of Maya out until they had the pro grade hardware out.

I would say both of those reasons plus Autodesk is a bit clueless about Macs.

:D

tipdrill407

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
According to Macworld's website, Autodesk has declined to comment on whether they will create an intel native version of Maya. What do you all think this means for the future of Maya for macs??