Does Microsoft FrontPage 2003 work on the mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SheerGold, Jun 22, 2007.

1. SheerGold macrumors member

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

If you have an Intel based Mac running Boot Camp or Parallels, then yes.

But why on earth would you want to use that horrid program when there are many OS X based programs that are 100000 times better than FrontPage

3. SheerGold thread starter macrumors member

I only have a G5.

I only mentioned FrontPage because most people I have spoken to say that Dreamweaver is the best program but they also say that it will take me a week to learn to use it. They say that Frontpage is nowhere as good BUT its very easy to use for someone who has not used such programs.

What are your recommendations? I'm a complete beginner. All I have used up to now is MS Office.

4. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

If you absolutely, positively MUST run FrontPage, then you can get Microsoft's own VirtualPC product, which works similarly to Parallels in that it creates a 'virtual machine' to run Windows in. You can then run Front Page in that. However, since the G5 isn't the same instruction set as an Intel processor, it has to emulate the Intel processor, which makes VirtualPC slower, even on a Quad G5, than Parallels would be even on a Core Solo mini. Although even the slowest G5 should be fast enough for Front Page.

I would also recommend moving to Dreamweaver, though. Generally considered a much better app, and is Mac-native.

5. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

If you're using Frontpage then it's likely you may not be 100% familiar with XHTML and CSS. So in that case rather than Dreamweaver I'd recommend you use something like Adobe Go Live , Rapidweaver or Sandvox

6. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

I use Freeway Express from Softpress. No coding needed. Here's a site my son & the priest at church do in Freeway Express.

7. geese macrumors 6502a

geese

You cant get much simpler then Apples iWeb.

Really, dont use Frontpage to create a simple site, it'll cause you more pain then imaginable.