Does microsoft RDC behind VPN work O.K with Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by wackymacky, Oct 23, 2011.

1. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Hi all,

I saw a few comments about this when lion was first released thought nothing recent.

One of the vital functions of my home computer is to be able log on to a work network. (I curently use either the OSX 10.6 built-in VPN or stand alone CISCO VPN client, and Remote Destop for Mac to connect to a Terminal Server configuration at work using Snow Leopard and it workd perfect).

I have downloaded Lion, though am a little loathed to install it as I have seen some comments that there are issues with remote connections to PC's (I have the most recent 2.11 version of Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, I Know the older version was PowerPC only)

Is anyone still having issues with this or is at all good currently under Lion.

2. foodog macrumors 6502a

foodog

Works fine for me... and has since 10.7.0

3. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

We don't use a terminal server at work but using the built in 10.7.2 cisco ipsec client going into VPN and then using microsoft RDC to connect to work windows desktop works just peachy.

4. wackymacky thread starter macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Thanks guys.