Does mirroring on ibook reflect external monitor?

AcousticDoc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
If I use an external montor to mirror the ibook will the external monitor be confined to 1028 resolution as well? google gave me a bunch of mixed replies that mostly focused on the hack.

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
Mirroring locks the monitor in at the same resolution as the built in display (ie 1024x768). If you use the spanning hack, you can increase the resolution.

AcousticDoc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
tsk said:
Mirroring locks the monitor in at the same resolution as the built in display (ie 1024x768). If you use the spanning hack, you can increase the resolution.
but my beautiful warranty!!!!!! :(

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
AcousticDoc said:
Bah, it's not going to void your warranty. One, Apple's not going to even check it if you send it in. Two, you can flash it back to factory defaults.

Edit: Yes I did.

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
AcousticDoc said:
You don't void your warrenty, unless you fail to remove the hack before you bring the iBook into the store. To remove the hack, you just have to zap the PRAM.

Edit: Looks like tsk beat me to it.

AcousticDoc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
macbaseball said:
You don't void your warrenty, unless you fail to remove the hack before you bring the iBook into the store. To remove the hack, you just have to zap the PRAM.

Edit: Looks like tsk beat me to it.
zap? Is that like installing a quick recovery disk on a windows notebook?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Hold down Cmd-Opt-P-R while powering up, and wait for it to chime twice. Zapped. :)

It's like the Clear CMOS jumper on a PC motherboard.