Does Mojave still have Dashboard?

BSPBSP

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2018
Seems like it is not going anywhere, still here for me.

Last edited:

redheeler

macrumors 604
Oct 17, 2014
Yes, Dashboard is still there. It's not a very large application, nor is it enabled by default, so there doesn't seem to be much incentive to remove it or update it.

Robert Tomoguchi

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2018
It gets turned off on upgrade. You have to turn it back on.
It turned off during my upgrade. How do you turn it back on? I tried changing it to something else, saving it, and then changing it back to dashboard, but it still does not work for me using F12 or a hot corner. Thank you for your help.

ezinternet

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2007
Chicago IL
It turned off during my upgrade. How do you turn it back on? I tried changing it to something else, saving it, and then changing it back to dashboard, but it still does not work for me using F12 or a hot corner. Thank you for your help.
Use the Launcher application, or rocket ship icon, to select the Dashboard whose icon is a round black gauge face with five app icons.

Start Dashboard explicitly once from here, and then it should correctly kick-in when you access your Hot Corner set to Dashboard.

Reactions: gdwarner

Robert Tomoguchi

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2018
Use the Launcher application, or rocket ship icon, to select the Dashboard whose icon is a round black gauge face with five app icons.

Start Dashboard explicitly once from here, and then it should correctly kick-in when you access your Hot Corner set to Dashboard.
Thank you so much ezinternet! That worked perfectly!

cactus.redneck

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2018
Thanks ezinternet for the tip!

However, now my Hot Corner for Dashboard works but as soon as I access it it brings me back to my desktop. Meaning, it won't stay active. What do I do here?

gdwarner

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2018
Seattle, Washington
I haven't upgraded as yet, but were I in your position, I would try checking the Mission Control prefs and see if you have Dashboard set to the "As Overlay" setting.