Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max90034

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
I stopped at the local apple store today to take a look at 13" rMBP. It looks nice however when I open MSWord 2011, the fonts looked as bad (fussy, etc) as few months ago when I checked 15" rMBP. I spoke with somebody there and was told that MSWord has no support for retina (yet).

Then I did some google search and found that Sept 19 Microsoft released a patch for Office 2011 (14.2.4) that supports retina. I guess either this patch was not installed on the mac in store or it does not work for 13" retina.

Can somebody with rMBP 13" and Office 2011 confirm if this patch fixed fonts problem with Word and the fonts are not fuzzy anymore but look as good as in Pages and other apps supporting retina display? thanks.

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
yes, it now supports retina screens and is not fuzzy.

Absolutely correct. Obviously needs the latest patch. Not unusual for Microsoft.

I will say that Outlook 2011 is alright, but certainly not the mature product that the Windows version is.

max90034

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
Great. Thanks for response. I just placed an order for 13" rMBP.

I am not using Outlook but Word and PowerPoint are my main tools so fixing them was critical for me.

pshifrin

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
It absolutely supports it with the latest updates applied. The disk images they have on the store demo units simply don't have the latest updates installed yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.