Does my iPad have a virus?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ri0ku, Mar 18, 2011.

1. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

It was jailbroken a while ago and I have been away a week. Just got back turned on the iPad but it wouldnt come on as it had ran out of battery. I plugged the charger in and it eventually switches itself on..

Now the screen is all weird... graphcis issues everywhere and everything has been shrunk into iPhone sort of resolution, the keyboard is an iPhone keyboard and all the icons have been sizes into iPhone ones aswell as the dock image.

It locks up too so i cant do anything apart from lock and unlock it.

First time this has happend to me do you think I have got a virus?

2. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Seriously doubt it, but given that it's jailbroken, anything is possible.

Try to DFU it and restore new, stock firmware.

4. ri0ku thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I guess il have to do that. It seems as if its in the safe mode thing but its not saying that, also cydia isnt there yet some of the thigns iv installed via cydia are.. like the app that lets you lock apps... as when i hold on app icons the little lock icon appears on them all.

I am worried that if I restore on stock firmware il not be able to jailbreak again as i dont think 4.3 has been jailbroken and released yet?

5. elan123 macrumors 6502

its virusified!

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

dunno if it's possible but it almost sounds like someone restored it with iPhone firmware.

7. ri0ku, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011

ri0ku thread starter macrumors 6502a

na my family never touch my iPad and they wouldnt do that or know how to. Its just annoying... I wonder if one of the cydia apps did it.... i had retina display thing on too that forces the 2x on iphone apps and makes the graphics simular to retina so you get no pixelation in x2.

gah guess il have to do a restore... (I had been setting it up for an art exhibition for 2 weeks time so that i could lock all my other apps and just leave a portfolio app running so that in the exhibition no one could exit the app to go on the other ones)

edit: ok the screens back to normal now, it was retinapad that did it. Cydia still doesnt appear as an icon on my home screen.... i had to search for it and find it then uninstall retinapad. So thats ones issue down now im not sure why cydia has disapeared