Does my iPad have the pink/green issue?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by zooby, May 5, 2012.

1. zooby, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. nicoplanet macrumors regular

nicoplanet

3. christof72 macrumors newbie

That's what I think. Most, if not all, iPads have some color shift when tilted. It's something inherent to LCD technology so you have to live with it. Obviously as all manufacturing processes, with its tolerances, there are some variations from each model to an other. People who think they can get a perfectly uniform white iPad under all circumstances are wrong IMO. To this add the fact that the iPad has a new technology with all those pixels crammed in a 9 inch display.

From wikipedia about LCD:

4. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

Too hard to tell from the picture, but if you're seeing pink/green then it's there. My first one was like this and I tried replacing for a better one. Ended up with a piss yellow and uneven screen. Should've just kept the original one. This is almost as good as it gets with the new iPad.

5. dantay macrumors regular

dantay

If you really want to test it you need to display a grey scale. From your white screen pics it's not noticeable and is on some new iPads. If you can't notice it in normal use I'd just try to enjoy it. You could end up with other problems with a new unit and it will be a brown box refurb from apple and your retail packing serial number won't match up after replacement. I've returned 3 units, I'm writing this on my 4th and can see I bit of colour variation on my keyboard, it's the best of the 4 I've had and better than 3 friends who have new iPads. I think 'perfect' screens are pretty rare.

6. PaulWog Suspended

You are being OCD.

The fact that you trying to get forum-goers to find a problem in your iPad - because you can't see a problem with it - worries me. If you can't see a problem, then what is the problem!?!

I can just see it:

Apple Genius: "Hi what can I do for you today?"

You: "I'd like to return my new iPad"

Apple Genius: "What's the problem?"

You: "The screen has a tinted color"

Apple Genius: "Oh, okay. Let's take a look"
    Apple Genius: "I can't see a problem. Could you point it out for me."

You: "Sorry, I don't see it either. Other people told me my iPad has a problem which is why I want to return it."

7. NoMoreSony macrumors member

Just check if you dont have anything under the glass (circled zone on the picture). If not - just keep it, most of the New iPads looks the same.

Attached Files:

8. RobesNo1 macrumors regular

Jesus man, you must have really looked at that picture! I think you may need help! ;)

9. zooby, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017

zooby thread starter macrumors 6502a

10. NoMoreSony macrumors member

On my 27" Apple Cinema Display this hair piece is so easily visible, so you don't have to look at the picture more than a second. Sure, if you reading this forum on the "resolutionary" screen, you will never get a chance to see it without long search.

----------

If you don't see anything wrong, just keep it.

11. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

It looks fine to me. My eyes aren't the best mind you, but I'm not seeing anything that stands out as an issue. Enjoy your new device.

12. christof72 macrumors newbie

lol :)

13. RobesNo1 macrumors regular

I'm looking at it on a 30" HP screen 2560x1600 and I had to strain to see it! :)

14. NoMoreSony macrumors member

Well... Old man, it's about time to visit optical shop and buy something :D