Does my new 15" MBP need a screen protector despite having a button-less trackpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Disavowed, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Disavowed macrumors regular

Disavowed

Or is something like this useful

http://www.shaggymac.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3

I haven't removed the one that came with machine since getting it despite how cheesey it looks. On the other hand, I want to keep it safe.

I hope this OCD stuff about it's safety and keeping it pristine wears off quickly. :(

Thanks!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Keyboard staining is fairly common, that's the main reason for mine.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

A screen protector might be good, as my 15-inch MBP had a smudges and prints copied from the keyboard, as the glass was touching it while closed.

It#s not a problem with a matte 17-inch as it seems, as the display has now glass.

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I have one of those I got at Macworld in SF. Uh, it's okay, it works better as a cleaning cloth rather than screen protector. The keyboard on the Macbook Pros is recessed enough so it doesn't touch the screen.
    Not sure what your concern is about the trackpad.

5. Disavowed thread starter macrumors regular

Disavowed

There is no concern about the trackpad, especially since it doesn't HAVE a button, that on some models, say MBA, became notorious for leaving imprints on screen. I was wondering if I still needed a screen protector for that very reason.

Thanks

6. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

I have a microfiber cloth for all of my notebooks that I place over the keyboard. Makes for a nice way to quickly wipe down the screen and to keep finger oils off the screen. I am not being OCD, I just like a clean screen. This was the easiest way to keep the screen clear. Screen films do not really do much for that; they get dirty, they just keep the dirt off the screen.

I bought the ShaggyMac cloth for my 2009 MBP because it was reasonably priced and the right size.

7. gothamm macrumors 6502a