Does new ATV have a central queue?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by pedz, Oct 3, 2015.

1. pedz macrumors regular

Curious if anyone (developers that have a preview box or others) knows if the new apple tv will have some kind of queue to manage shows? Right now each app (movies, tv shows) has a wishlist, but it is specific to that type of iTunes content. Hope there will be a place to manage the shows i like (with notifications or badges when there are new episodes) and movies i want to watch in one place. Seems like a key feature that would go a long way to me considering dropping cable.

Given that they didn't mention it in the announcement, and I haven't seen anything about it online, I am guessing there is nothing. But thought I would ask as it seems pretty important, otherwise every time you turn the tv on you are starting from scratch (though siri will obviously help a lot there).

Thanks,
    Peter

2. Rigby macrumors 601

That's a great idea! I hate to have a bunch of inconsistent queues in several apps. But I doubt that the Apple TV will have a global queue (at least initially), otherwise they would have mentioned it.

3. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I agree it would be great. But we also need individual profiles like using our personal iCloud ID.