Does new Lightsaber Unleashed install over Phone Saber?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dacreativeguy, Sep 25, 2008.

1. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Does the new one install over the old or side by side? Just need to know if I should back the old one up before installing the new.

2. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

it's a full update

will wipe the original one

3. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

It installs over Phonesaber, so make sure you back it up in case you don't like the new one.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Yes. Just grab the old one out of the Trash/Recycle Bin.

TEG

5. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

how can you do that? Get back your old version?

6. orrelse44 macrumors regular

You can do that?

7. vitasenza macrumors member

It still has the same features (minus a few colors for now) and it adds dueling music, so I think it's a good upgrade. Also the individual lightsabers are different for each character, which I like to see more than a rainbow of colors.
    Still has full screen mode if you don't want to see the characters face, hopefully they'll update it with more characters and not just forget about it.

8. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

I wish they had volume controls for sound effects and music. When playing the music, you can only really hear clashes, not the other lightsaber sounds.

9. jah921123 macrumors member

Yeah, it does seem like a good upgrade. The music is a nice touch and it seems a tad more responsive than PhoneSaber. The only drawbacks are that it takes longer to load and there's an intro page asking if you want to buy The Force Unleashed before you get to the actual working app every time you launch it. But, since the app is still free there's no real reason to complain.