Does new macbook black have led screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cpnotebook80, Aug 24, 2007.

1. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

If so does it have a matte or glossy option for the screen?
    I just came from the apple store and went online and it doesnt have the option.
    Wondering how the gloss shows in outdoors

PS: Anyone who purchased this one notice if it still heats up like the older black macbooks?

2. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

you can only have a glossy screen with the macbook. no they dn't have a led backlit screen yet. i am currently using my macbook black outdoors(its very sunny) and there is only light glare. i personly dn't think this is a prob 2 have a glossy screen

3. cpnotebook80 thread starter macrumors 6502a

cool.thanks
    i dont understand why the black macbook had a big jump in price.Its only 40 gb extra space unless im missing something between it and the white macbook

4. Zadillo macrumors 65816

The price difference has fluctuated at various times.......... at this moment, it's about a $125 premium over a 2.16GHz C2D white MacBook with 160GB drive.

The general idea is just that they charge extra for the black version. This seems to be becoming a more common trend actually, although some are less expensive than others. Dell for example charges a $50 premium for various colors of lids on their Inspiron laptops (originally these were free, but they recently started charging for them). Sony has also had a tendency to put price premiums on certain colors of their consumer and premium laptops.

-Zadillo

5. cpnotebook80 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ah cool..thanks

I own the 20 c2d white version imac desktop 2.16 already.
    I did but the black macbook in the spring time ,not the current new one, and noticed that the screen wasnt sharp as the macbook pro one,maybe i didnt know how to adjust the screen etc..and plus it was heating up too much.So i returned it and hoped to wait and see what might come out of it.

I loved the macbook black and dont need a mbp for my needs as its too much.
    However, i hope that led screen would help but it hasnt showed up in the macbook. Talk about making it hard to make a decision.
    however wondering if the heat issue is gone and no more eploding batteries occur in the new ones hehe.

6. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

i have never had any heat issues with it and i run games and crap like that. i think they improved that when it went to 2nd gen.;)

7. Zadillo macrumors 65816

At this point LED-backlit screens are still generally a premium feature......... Sony and Dell use them in their 13.3" laptops, but charge a premium for them.

I think that the MacBook will switch to LED backlighting when it becomes affordable enough that they can keep it at the current price point. A $1650 LED-backlit MacBook wouldn't make much sense.