Does no one realize that the "new" macbook is the same as last years...

bluesTank

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
...Except with a new white case, and maybe a prettier screen and just cheaper?

"Introducing the completely redesigned, better-in-every-way MacBook. Still just $999."

"Re-engineered from cover to cover"

What a bunch of BS

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
Yeah, it's the same except it has an LED backlit screen, unibody construction, glass trackpad with multi-touch, and the new longer-lasting batteries...

joehahn

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
CT
what were you expecting?

the white macbook did HUGE changes though, both good and bad

thabends

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2009
The OP was referring to the Alum. MacBook.
No, he clearly wasn't. The new MacBook is extremely different than the last one. Screen, construction, memory, trackpad, battery...does it have to be a different color to qualify as new?

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
No, he clearly wasn't. The new MacBook is extremely different than the last one. Screen, construction, memory, trackpad, battery...does it have to be a different color to qualify as new?
I didn't get it either. It's like a 2009 Ford Mustang and the redesigned 2010 Ford Mustang, they look different, but both have motors, wheels, seats, and etc.. so that makes the 2009 Mustang and the 2010 Mustang the same then.

bluesTank

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
I was talking about the aluminum macbook. My macbook says "macbook" on the bottom, and this is trying to pass as a a new "macbook" which is exactly like the aluminum macbook, except in plastic. Completely redesigned?

joehahn

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
CT
I was talking about the aluminum macbook. My macbook says "macbook" on the bottom, and this is trying to pass as a a new "macbook" which is exactly like the aluminum macbook, except in plastic. Completely redesigned?

they didnt touch the aluminum ones....AND they have never been that cheap...

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
Apple doesn't make the aluminum macbook anymore...just so you know. And its definitely not the same as last years. The battery is the obvious difference, as well as the "better" screens.

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Yeah, it's the same except it has an LED backlit screen, unibody construction, glass trackpad with multi-touch, and the new longer-lasting batteries...
and ddr3 ram and yea completely the same lol

have you been off the apple scene a while??

not to mention the aluminum mbp is not 999....seeig as there is no unibody al mb anymore nor has there been for a iteration or so

joehahn

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
CT
did you not get the memo about the rebranding back in JUNE? :eek: the macbook title is reserved for only the plastic one now

chill.

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2008
WHOOOOOOOOSH--------

lol, almost every poster in this thread completely missed bluesTank's point

i would think that he was getting trolled if i didn't know how serious/fanatical fanboys could be

don't worry brother, there are still some sane ones left around here

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
lol I have to agree with the OP.. it's basically the same. Sure the longer battery life and the fact that it's not aluminum.. but yeah it's the same lol which is not a bad thing to me

*edit* I'm speaking of the late 2008 Macbooks which I believe the OP is saying

acron1

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2008
I just got one for my wife precisely because it is so similar to the late 08 alu MacBook I own. The screen seems better, the battery life is longer and for $995 though not a bargain it's not a bad deal either. I would have gotten her the base MacBook Pro but she aesthetically prefers the white MacBook so...

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
WHOOOOOOOOSH--------

lol, almost every poster in this thread completely missed bluesTank's point

i would think that he was getting trolled if i didn't know how serious/fanatical fanboys could be

don't worry brother, there are still some sane ones left around here
Yep.
lol I have to agree with the OP.. it's basically the same. Sure the longer battery life and the fact that it's not aluminum.. but yeah it's the same lol which is not a bad thing to me

*edit* I'm speaking of the late 2008 Macbooks which I believe the OP is saying
Very true.
I get what he is saying and I kinda agree
As do I.

fluffyx

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
The new "unibody MacBook" has almost nothing in common with the non-unibody MacBooks.

From an internal standpoint, it is a MacBook Pro in a white casing minus the SD slot and FireWire port.