Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

strike1555

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
Does it work for you guys? Every time I try to connect it says "Cannot initialize SFTP Protocol."

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
I have problems with it too. Hopefully the patch that will be release (hopefully soon) addresses these issues in addition to the mobilesubstrate issues.

NYR99

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007
It work for me as well, using WinSCP and SCP instead of SFTP.

I changed all my homescreen icons. :D

OriginalMasta

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2009
purplera1n RC2 release fixes the openSSH and other library issues. SSH now works flawlessly like before without switching to SCP mode in cyberduck, etc. which didn't work before in RC1 even when using SCP mode.

Everything works fine and if the app doesn't work, it's the app for version 3.0 Devs have to fix those issues (such as winterboard, etc.)

larzmac

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2008
WinSCP?

I'm still having issues with SSHin' into my 3GS. Everything (I think) is updated. Works like a charm on my old iPhone running 3.0, but not my 3GS.
Ideas?

mstier09

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
I've had no problems at all with SSH on my 3GS! I am actually surprised to be reading this thread after having used it all night. I jailbroke using the Mac version of Purplera1n and have been using Cyberduck. I don't know what everyone else's set up is, but this one has been working great for me. So I don't know if its the jailbreak, as I haven't had any issues.

conca

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2009
Hi all
I can't connect with iPhoneTunnel and cyberduc Mac. with my 3gs.

anyone can help me ?
tnx

bredfan

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2007
Make sure you check your IP address on the new phone.

I was having issues trying to connect because I was trying to connect under my old 2G's IP. It didn't dawn on me until after several attempts that my router would have given the new device a new address.

igotgame1075

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2005
This worked fined on my old 2g, but i keep getting this error for my 3gs when i try to connect...

Using username: alpine
Password: root

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
This worked fined on my old 2g, but i keep getting this error for my 3gs when i try to connect...

Using username: alpine
Password: root

Those seem to be switched up..

Default usernames & passwords for 3gS is

username: root
password: alpine

username: mobile

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Make sure WiFi is activated. Check status bar for WiFi not 3G.

Insomnia thru Cydia will keep Wifi activated while you are using SSH operations.

These JB/UL phones have a tendency to shut off WiFi if it's not being used and drop down to 3G when at rest.

tobra

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2010
Tx!!

Those seem to be switched up..

Default usernames & passwords for 3gS is

username: root

username: mobile

That's was it!!!! I had a 3G and now a 3GS and change root into mobile was the trick!! Tx so much!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.