Does Opera Mini Work?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JordanDevine, Apr 16, 2010.

1. JordanDevine macrumors member

Im in the UK so i cant test it out but can one of you lovely people across the pond download it and post your results

J.

2. jeffy777 macrumors 6502

Yes, but you have to run it in 2x mode if you want it to be fullscreen on the iPad, so that means it's fuzzy.

It's definitely quick, but not as smooth as safari in regards to zooming, copy & paste, etc.

3. kirchnrd macrumors 6502

kirchnrd

Not good on iPad or iPhone IMHO. love it on my blackberry, but not yet in apple products. Just isn't smooth.

4. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

It's good if you want to look at something fast and you're on a cell network. On wifi (hence, on the iPad), it's a definite fail next to Safari.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

6. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

I played with it for a while, on my iPhone, and then I deleted it. I didn't care for it.

7. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I was never a fan of opera for the computer but I figured seeing as it was the first major 3rd party browswer to come into the app store, I had to download it and give it a try. Needless to say, it quickly dissapointed. It isn't smooth, and really, the zooming was a pain. If you zoomed out it made the font little specks, and there was no in between. That is my biggest gripe about it. Safari still holds its spot in the dock.

8. JordanDevine thread starter macrumors member

another question if it is in x2 mode is there still black screen around it or is it a perfect fit. this is for any iphone app not just opera btw

I have it for my iphone and like it but doubt i will get it for ipad. hopefully they bring out ipad version.

9. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I'll take a full real browser that actually works properly over a browser that just returns a total hacked up barely functioning site any day.

The opera mini browser is a total joke.

10. Jinkst macrumors regular

Worked well on my old N series Nokia, and it is ok on iPhone but for iPad Safari is the only way. Having it in 2x zoom just makes it atrocious.

11. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

I was looking forward to this app but jeez what a disappointment.

12. ReviewPC macrumors member

Doesn't work all that well. I noticed immediately that most sites with google adsense the ads don't show up. So for the website owner that sucks that you can't check that. Whereas in Safari on the iPhone it works just fine going to the same site(s).

13. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

There are black bars top and bottom because the iPhone's aspect ratio is 1.5 and the iPad's 1.33.

14. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

15. badmac78 macrumors 6502

+1

it's interesting. people blasted Apple for potentially blocking the app ... now that's there, not that many folks care for it.

16. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Well over a million downloads and this is the only feedback.

However I do agree it leaves a lot to be desired? Can not understand why these folks don't fix the zoom on it. Seems like pretty glaring error on their part.