Does OS 3.0 bring any battery life enhancements?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spaceballl, Jun 17, 2009.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I haven't seen any mention of this around the web, but I figured I would axe. Does OS 3.0 bring any battery life improvements? I know some of the older updates were like a breath of fresh air to iPhone battery life. Any reports on this one way or another?

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Odds are they will be lower due to push notifications.

3. shanew21 macrumors regular

Some people are saying that their battery lasts longer...while others are saying their battery drains quicker.

So I really don't have a clue.

4. xhArRiSoNxD macrumors regular

Please dont axe me. =]

Also to answer your question depending on how you use push i think battery will go down quicker than ever.

5. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I don't think that can necessarily be concluded yet. I already have push e-mail turned on with OS 2.2. My work e-mails with large attachments that get pushed to my phone are surely much more taxing than the badges, popups, or sounds that get pushed.
    I see... here's hoping for the best!
    :D

6. RaZaK macrumors regular

RaZaK

battery life improved for me

my battery seems to be lasting longer with the update. i used the 3G network and wifi pretty regularly yesterday and set brightness to almost 50%, and i didn't have to charge until the evening.

usually, i'm charging by 2-3 PM with that kind of use.

maybe i'm lucky?:eek:

7. tivoboy macrumors 68030

couple of improvements

I think apple has done some things to brightness, dimming and also the tickle with the tower or wifi AP that lowers the overall battery usage. We should see SOME improvement, but not a huge pop.

8. Keleko macrumors 68000

I seem to be getting better battery life on my 3G as well. At the end of the day I'm at above half power where it would be below any other day with the same use.