Does OSX 10.5.5 update provide todo and notes sync with mobile me?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnnypalmera, Sep 17, 2008.

1. johnnypalmera macrumors newbie

I've just noticed this...

In the sidebar of OSX Mail, it shows mobile me in the notes and todo section.

On the iphone, a new folder has automagically been created to sync apple mail ToDos?

Sorry if this is a dupe, or just a misunderstandment from my part...

Attached Files:

2. sibruk macrumors 6502a

It's always been there. If you create a To Do item on one of your IMAP mail accounts (MobileMe is IMAP), it creates a folder on the server - the one you are seeing. It will then show up wherever you collect mail including the iPhone's Mail app. It's not really a "To Do" manager though, just a stupid folder which Leopard's Mail.app treats differently.

So to answer your question, I'm not sure if 10.5.5 added any kind of functionality for syncing To Do items, but what you've found certainly isn't it.

3. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

Apple's implementation of notes and ToDo's in mail or on the iPhone has been a bigger joke then MobileMe...

At least I am able to use MM...

4. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

The way Apple has integrated To-Dos and Notes into Apple Mail has got to be one of the stupidest decisions they've made in years. And even if you do use Mail to manage your To-Do list, they don't even appear on the iPhone after a synch. I can see them there in Mail (because they've been copied from iCal), but, they aren't on my iPhone. What good is it?

I still don't understand why Apple refuses to synch To-Dos from iCal where they belong. Same with Notes. Neither of these features belong in Mail.

5. sibruk macrumors 6502a

They would if you used an IMAP account, like MobileMe. It works on my 1&1 IMAP mail, because it's just basically another folder stored on the server.

But I agree, Apple have really made some weird decisions about To Do Lists in both Leopard and on the iPhone.

Maybe they're holding it back so that we have something to get excited about with Snow Leopard. ...Other than the fact that it will finally make use of all the processor cores we've had in our machines for the last three years. :eek: