Does Pages Do Labels

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Macmonter, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Macmonter macrumors regular

Macmonter

For the passed 8 years my word processing has been done with MS Word. I'm new to Mac and Pages, and I'm slowly learning its differences from Word. Today I attempted to create an address label using an Avery sheet left over from my Word days. I've looked everywhere and can find no tool in Pages having a list of label templates or instructions on how to do labels. Pages' Help search was no help!

Can Pages do labels?

2. iPoodOverZune macrumors regular

iPoodOverZune

Did you check out this thread?
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=362877

3. Macmonter thread starter macrumors regular

Macmonter

Thank you for the link to that thread! From the posts on that thread, Pages does not do labels! Several posters described work arounds, but all sounded cumbersome compared to label creation in Word. One poster listed the URL for Avery to download free templates which I did for the most common labels I use. The templates were for Word only. Luckily, I run Parallels with XP and Office installed on my Mac so when I click the Avery template in the Mac download icon in the dock, it launches Word with the label making window displayed without my having to launch parallels. Quick and easy! I knew with my dual OS setup that I had Word available as a backup to Pages. But I use the Mac OS 90% of the time so I generally don't launch XP unless I have a specific need for it and that involves launching Parallels, then selecting Word, then selecting Mailings, then labels, then........well, you get the picture.

4. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

There's a post in the Apple Discussions about printing Avery labels. One post suggested it can be done but pages isn't the best program for it. I've done it in Pages before when I got my mac but haven't had a need to revisit the task.

It's doable and pretty easy.

Sift through the Apple Discussion board (not researching the link) and there's one there that I used that made it easy.