Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
It should, I don't see anything preventing it from working elsewhere.

The app is free, why don't you download and see?

spazattack674

macrumors regular
May 17, 2006
Boston
I know that they mention something about needing to be in the US when you sign up for the service, but I'm not sure if they would monitor it that closely when you are using it on the phone, just as long as you live in the US

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
I'm in Canada and I just downloaded it from the iTunes US store and it doesn't work here.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
no

it doesnt work outside the US. Reason being is because shortly after their release they lost the licensing needed for streaming music over the internet outside the US. they are working on getting their privileges back. If the iphone used static IP addresses then you could give them your IP (if you are an american, like me being a marine stationed in japan), but since the iphone does not use static IP addresses this does not work. best bet is to just wait till the get there privileges back. till then use last.fm it is the same concept.

dbrandt6

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2007
Michigan
It worked for us in Canada....

used it over my nieces wifi at her home. Streamed music fine but would not allow us to give thumbs up or down. We were visiting for a few days from Michigan, where we live and set up the account on our iphones before we left.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.