Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tecban

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2015
I have subscribed to the CBS/Paramount and Showtime channels in Apple TV through my Apple account. Both channels work in the Apple TV iOS app.

I don’t see how to log in to the Paramount+ stand-alone apps on my LG TV. All the instructions point only to using a Paramount login ID.

Are Apple-based subscribers able to use the stand-alone apps?

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I believe that if you subscribed via channels, you can only watch content in the Apple TV app, not through the stand alone apps.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
I believe that if you subscribed via channels, you can only watch content in the Apple TV app, not through the stand alone apps.
This is correct. Signing up through the AppleTV app only allows viewing content in the ATV app and not the standalone app.

Reactions: nburwell

Ted13

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2003
NYC
This is correct. Signing up through the AppleTV app only allows viewing content in the ATV app and not the standalone app.
That makes finding shows/movies a much worst experience than through the individual apps....

Wags

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
It says on Paramount website that you can verify your Apple Channels subscription on Paramount w3bsite the can log into both.

buckethead

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2008
We’ve been subscribed to CBS/Showtime for a while now. You can use the Paramount + app with your channels subscription, we moved from the All Access app the dat new one was released. Works just fine for us.

The showtime subscription has to be watched through the TV+ channel though. Seems like it’s up to the individual app/channel to decide.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.