iPad Does Part Number make a difference?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ade1982, Mar 25, 2014.

1. ade1982 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I will start by saying I am in the UK, as it may make a difference to the thread.

My GF has just come over with brand new sealed iPad Air 128GB + Cellular, which she bought on eBay.

One thing that did worry me is that the advert had an MPN of MD796B/A, and now it has arrived on the outer case it has: ME988E/A. I can't seem to find much on the ME988E/A from googling it, but I would guess it has something to do with the country of origin.

I have checked the serial number on one of the sites, and it's genuine and matches the model number, so I am ok about this.

I am just wondering what it means, and what the implications of this is. For instance, can I Applecare it? The charger is also a 2-pin plug, but was supplied with does this mean the components burn out faster etc? Anything else I am missing?

It cost a lot of money, and I am apprehensive.

Thanks in advance

Ade

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It's either the American version or ment for European border territories. Unless it's sat in the uk I would look else where if I'm honest. There has been a few listed lately that are being shipped from Russia and scams

3. ade1982 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the reply.

I should have made it clear that it has actually arrived, and it was sent from within the UK. It was only bought yesterday, so I am not too concerned in that way.

What I am worried about is what the ME988E/A will mean to us in the future.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Possibly no warrenty through apple unless it's just a mislabeled uk model but with a two pin plug it sounds imported

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

When I googled the two model numbers, the ME... number returned results for the 128GB iPad, while the MD... number returned the 64GB iPad.

6. ade1982 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I took that from the description, it's ME988B/A