Does pearLyrics use Google for its lyrics search?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eldino, Dec 17, 2007.

1. eldino macrumors member

eldino

I'm a great fan of pearLyrics,
    that is a tiny freeware app that download the lyrics for every track inside a playlist you choose. It's the simplest and fastest method I know to embed lyrics inside an enormous number of mp3s (i usually use pearLyrics on playlists of 2000 tracks at once).

Now here the problem: today is the second time i noticed that after using it on a big playlist, it hangs at random point (today at 300th song of 2000) and then, opening my browser and pointing it on Google page, Google complains that maybe I have a spyware or malware that is flooding its servers using my IP, and ask me to type into a box a number to keep using the service.

Is it pearLyrics fault/knows problem?
    Thx for reply.

2. eldino thread starter macrumors member

eldino

Corripio sucks

I tried workaroundin' the problem using the last version of Corripio, that I used when it came out, and it didn't work. My opinion is that Corripio really s-u-cks. On 3000 songs, all correctly tagged and kinda famous, it didn't find any lyrics.
    It's painfully cpu-hunger and it doesn't have a nicely and time-effective batch mode. Shame that pearLyrics floods google :-(

3. eldino thread starter macrumors member

eldino

pearlyrics vs Google CAPTCHA

After 180-230 lyrics searches in batch mode, pearLyrics freezes and stop retrieving lyrics. Then, if you open your browser and point it to Google homepage, you will get for 2-3 times a page like this:

[​IMG]

This thing is very annoying and it's well explained in the link below:
    http://www.spy.org.uk/spyblog/2005/06/stupid_google_virusspyware_cap.html

I tested all the freeware lyrics searchers available at Versiontracker and MacUpdade but they all suck to me.

Any solution to how get rid of this CAPTCHA crap? Any other kind of suggest? i have like 3000 songs to find lyrics for!