Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhyzome

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Photos does not seem to want to share with Aperture, though perhaps I set it up incorrectly.

Can photos and aperture somehow share one library? Since Aperture is dying and Photos seems somewhat limiting, can Photos (with its fun faces feature which doesn't seem to be in Lightroom) share a library with Lightroom (without your library being duplicated between the two)???

MonkeyDavid

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2011
Photos does not seem to want to share with Aperture, though perhaps I set it up incorrectly.

Can photos and aperture somehow share one library? Since Aperture is dying and Photos seems somewhat limiting, can Photos (with its fun faces feature which doesn't seem to be in Lightroom) share a library with Lightroom (without your library being duplicated between the two)???

Try holding down option when you open Aperture, and reselect your library. The migration changes the extension so it is now Aperture Library.migratedaplibrary and this seems to mess up Aperture (and iPhoto, I think). Holding down option lets you reselect the library.

I doubt Photos will play well with Lightroom, though...have to wait and see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.