Does physical design matter as much or more than specs?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Adelphos33, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Adelphos33 macrumors 6502a

iPad 1 owner here. I thought the iPad 2 was a minor upgrade. Sure, it was a bit thinner and lighter, but my iPad 1 weight was fine. Resolution, cell technology was the same, and I got the software update with iOS 5. iPad 2 is much faster, but iPad 1 was fine for what I am doing.

This time around, the new iPad appears to me to be a huge upgrade from iPad 2. Stunning display, better cameras, LTE.

However, people seem disappointed that the form factor is exactly the same. The iPhone 4S seems to have gotten the same reaction.

Are Apple buyers putting more emphasis on changes in industrial design with these products? I don't remember anyone complaining about iPhone 3GS when it came out.

2. scriptlol macrumors member

Apple is a really, really popular company now and it has all types of fans that it didn't have 5 years ago. Some are fickle and want to see design changed just for the sake of change. They don't understand the philosophy of this company yet. That isn't how apple works and hopefully never will work. Hopefully as they continue to use the products and learn about the company, they will understand what is going on and stop whining about it or buy their tech elsewhere.