Does Pre Order Date affect eligibility for next year ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sjc83, Sep 9, 2016.

1. sjc83 macrumors 6502

sjc83

If I can't get the phone on launch day how will be effect my eligibility to get a new iPhone next year through the Apple upgrade program?

Sam

2. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I think you can change your phone after 11 months so as long as you get your phone before late October then you should be ok for next September.
    However, the rumour is that Apple will release the iPhone 8 in June to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the original iPhones so you would not be able to upgrade to that phone until September at the earliest

3. adamjackson macrumors 65816

It appears so. When I ordered my phone from VZW, they made me pay $70 to reach the 50% paid off amount to be eligible to upgrade (I'm on a 24 month payment plan).

Getting the phone on launch day requires me to pay a bit extra or I could have waited until the 1st day of October and just swapped.

4. sangreal06 macrumors member

Upgrade eligibility is based on how many payments you've made. You can make 6 payments in advance, so the short answer is no it won't affect your ability to upgrade but you may have to top off the payments

5. BillabongJoe macrumors member

BillabongJoe

No way would they do that and not allow people to upgrade, the whole point of the upgrade program is that you get the newest phone every year(when its released)