Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JMC08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2011
One user on the board posted in a thread that he 'stayed up till 4 AM on preorder day to order' and got his phone a day before the official release date.

Just wanted to know if some more of you guys tried this and if it got you your phone any faster...If anyone who ordered the phone throughout that day wants to chime in, that's cool too.

Last edited:

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
One user on the board posted in a thread that he 'stayed up till 4 AM on preorder day to order' and he got his phone a day before the official release date.

Just wanted to know if some more of you guys tried this and if it got you your phone any faster...If anyone who ordered the phone throughout that day wants to chime in, that's cool too.
A lot of people got their phones a day early. Some a day late. Just depends on the shipping company.

Qoo

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
MI
i preordered mine 3 or 4 days later since the first day of preorder i still received my iphone 4 one day earlier than others :D

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
In the US, preorders started at 4 AM EDT / 1 AM PDT and both Apple and AT&T systems suffered all day long under the preorder load.

I ordered 3 iPhones on that day, 1 within minutes of 4 AM EDT, one just after noon EDT, and the last one about 6 PM EDT and all arrived on launch day.

There were many reports here on MR about some customers receiving theirs a day early but most initial preorders ere delivered on Launch day with the exception of the units that were delayed due to weather delays, equipment breakdowns or other minor issues.

After you order, then you can follow along on the tracking treads to find out where you iPhone is as it ships from the factory to your door. :D

Hey even with the Verizon launch, there were reports of some customers getting their Verizon iPhone a day eary. :eek:

Dave

sarcosis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2006
These United States
I ordered mine at around 4:30 and was glad I did. I didn't end up with the crazy cluster that was the rest of the day. I believe I got a day early too. I would recommend getting up early 5ish AM EST and ordering to avoid the crazy influx that most people get. It takes like 10 minutes and you can go back to bed. Trust me, 10 minutes of groggyness is better than 3 hours of frustration some experienced last ear.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
It was a complete cluster **** for me the last two years, the 3gs was alright, i ended up finally getting it at about 10:30am.

The iphone 4 was a nightmare, i wake up for work at 3:30am everyday and the website was getting hammered already(AT&T's) after about 2hrs trying before work, and then about another 8hrs at work i was still failing. About 10:30pm that night i finally got through.

Then about two days later my order was canceled out of nowhere(this was an apple order) they did not have any records of my order at all! This was during the time when people were logging into there accounts on apples site but it was redirecting them to a totally different persons account. It was mayhem!

I think about 3 days later i finally ended up getting one.....

My mom walked right into the store on release day on got one, she said there was only about 10 people there :mad:

jacollins

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
One user on the board posted in a thread that he 'stayed up till 4 AM on preorder day to order' and got his phone a day before the official release date.

The pre-order system was severely borked that first day for the iPhone 4. Couldn't complete any orders to speak of till later in the day. I was able to reserve and pick up in the local store with no problems though. I would expect that to happen again with the next release too (everyone tries to get in to order). Something to clarify, that 4am was probably East Coast time, when the order site went live. So depending on where you are, it could be staying up all night or waking up early... :)

As mentioned by other posters, some people got the iPhone early (I remember it being more than a day for some people though). My recollection is that this was new for the iPhone 4 (no holds). In previous years, Apple had the carriers hold delivery till the release date.

----------

My mom walked right into the store on release day on got one, she said there was only about 10 people there :mad:

I got mine on release day (pre-ordered on the site). About 300 in line when I got there at 6am, 900-1000 when I left at 8:30am.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.