Does processing the charge for Apple Care mean that the watch will soon follow?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kenrobin, May 5, 2015.

1. kenrobin macrumors regular

I ordered a 42mm Stainless Steel w/ classic black buckle on May 2. The shipping date is July, however today I noticed a temporary charge of $69 for the Apple Care that I ordered with the watch. Does that mean that a charge for the watch could soon follow (along with its shipment)?

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I don't think so. Apple sometimes tests your account by putting charges on it like this and them removing them until later.

I hope I'm wrong so you can have your watch.

3. Velirris macrumors newbie

My SO and I ordered a 42mm SS BSB/42mm SS WSB (same order) on April 26th, at 8:48pm CST.
    The next day, we were charged for Apple Care. The charge was pending for a week, until it fell off either Friday morning, or Saturday morning.
    Nothing since. Still processing, still stuck in June delivery. :(

4. whatos macrumors 6502a

I always buy AppleCare. Each time it has no effect on the product itself. Especially since AppleCare isn't a hardware product. That's been my experience.

5. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

In other threads posters have said that the AC charge went through first, followed pretty shortly by the charge for the watch. Though these may have also ultimately been authorizations only and I didn't see any f/u.

6. kenrobin thread starter macrumors regular

I had a feeling that it was too good to be true. I'll keep an eye on it....

7. Chellohello macrumors newbie

I purchased my watch on April 16, and was immediately charged for AC ( said pending ), this charge dropped off within a few days. Today, May 14th, i was charged again for AC ( Still says pending), I hope this means any day my watch status will be updated. I was given shipping date as June. What are your thoughts? I will keep you all posted.

8. syclonefx macrumors regular

syclonefx

I ordered my SG BSB on April 25th and when I order my watch and apple care I got charged for apple care the day I ordered my watch. The charges were dropped a few days later. A pending charge for apple care showed up on my cc today (5/14). I think this is Apple just checking to see if they can still charge to cc we used.

It would be nice to get out of the "Available to ship: June" to a more specific range of dates.

9. N8Howell33 macrumors member

N8Howell33

I ordered 42 mm sport SG on April 25th after seeing my wife with her 38 mm sport. I had the initial apple care charge then that fell off. I got that same charge of $49 pending again today (5/14). No change in vague June delivery date though. Seems strange to check the card twice but since the process is taking weeks they may need to do this.

Attached Files:

10. Chellohello macrumors newbie

Update from last message: I checked today and status changed and is now showing me a delivery date of June 22 - 29. I guess I can quit obsessing over it now until the 22nd, lol.

11. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

A day or two after I ordered my watch with AppleCare they put a hold on my cc for the AppleCare and then removed it.