Does push work with reminders??

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Sir Ruben, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Sir Ruben, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012

Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Reason I ask is that if I create a reminder on say the iPad, then I open reminders on my iPhone some time later, the loading circle twirls at the top for a bit and THEN my new reminder shows. I would expect it to be pushed in the background and be visible as soon as reminders is opened.

As a test I tried it the other way around by creating a reminder on the iPhone and then opening reminders on the iPad, still does it in this way.

If this is the way it works then wont I miss a reminder unless I remember to open the reminders app first so that it updates? LOL

Push seems to work with everything else, such as Calendar events, Photostream, Notes etc.

(If you have push turned off Calendar, Photostream, and Notes works in a similar way whereby they update when you open the app rather than in the background)

2. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

I just set a reminder on my computer set for 5 minutes ahead of time. Did not go off on my phone.

3. Sir Ruben thread starter macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Hmmmm Ive tried switching Reminders off/on in the iCloud settings on all my devices but it doesnt seem to make any difference.

4. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Yes this has started happening ... only updates when you open the Reminder App ... filed a report on this.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This is what happens to me too.

Calendar alerts work though, not that it matters.

6. Sir Ruben thread starter macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Hmmm because of this I set a reminder on www.icloud.com and it didnt go off on my iphone at the required time due to the fact that icloud didnt push it to the reminders app in the background. Not really happy with having to manually open it for it to update. It defeats the point of a very useful app.