Does Redsnow and SHSH saving allow downgrading to 6.1.3 from 7 on iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by danb77, Sep 27, 2013.

1. danb77 macrumors 6502

It should do, but I'm too chicken to test it.

For this to work, you need to start off on 6.1.3. It will not work if you are already on 7.0. It will *only* work on an iPhone 4.

Outline steps:

1) Jailbreak 6.1.3 (using Redsnow). This is only a semi-tether (google it) but it works well enough.
    2) Save SHSH blobs in Cydia and/ or Tiny Umbrella and / or iFaith
    3) Upgrade to 7.0
    4) Restore to 6.1.3 via Redsnow using the saved SHSH blobs.

The above should work. I anyone here brave enough to test it and fill in the details?

Or can anyone suggest a reason the above might fail?

2. danb77 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's funny really. So much wailing and screaming about forced upgrades to ios 7 on other threads but for a potential solution...?

Tumbleweed....

3. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

Yes it will work on A4 processor. Need tinyumbrella I believe to spoof blob authentication.

4. santos79 macrumors regular

No that does not work on the iPhone 4. I saved my blobs before updating and I could not restore with tiny umbrella or red snow afterwards. I even tried the stitching method but to no avail.

5. danb77 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi Santos,

I realised that the reason for the tumbleweed is that I was in the wrong sub-forum! All the info re downgrading via SHSH blobs is in the jailbreak subforum.

Bottom line, Redsnow does not work, but snowbreeze and ifaith (windows only) do, but have a look in the jailbreak subforum for lots more detail.

6. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Downgrade from 7 to 6.1.3 on iphone 4 with blobs is possible. Create a custom ipsw with sn0wbreeze or ifaith with valid apticket blobs than go to music section in C partition and delete the itunes folder or just move the folder on desktop to keep your data and all of your apps, install itunes 10.7 on PC, and than "shift+restore" and select the signed custom ipsw.