Does reserving charge your credit card?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bakakage, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Bakakage macrumors 6502

I managed to sell my 3gs tonight but the bank is closed so I cant put the money in to authorize the funds. Am I okay reserving it tonight? I would actually pay for it come the 24th right?

2. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

If it's like the bank I work at (and the ones I worked at before), it's going to hold that mount out of your account until the item is actually shipped. So if you had $300 in your account and they held out $290, you would only have $10 available to you until next Thursday. And if it pulled you negative, you'd get hit.

3. Bakakage thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright, I'll make the question simpler, does the reservation process require your credit card at all or do they use the credit connect connected to the phone number to hold the funds?

4. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

don't listen to the above poster..

if you reserve you don't get charged till you pick up the iphone at apple store.
    they won't even ask for a credit card.

if you preorder then the charge when the phone is shipped

5. g8orballboy macrumors regular

If you reserved with AT&T, you do get a pending charge for the full amount of the phone

6. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

not reserving. only preorder there's a diference

7. Bakakage thread starter macrumors 6502

Great, there are no more reservations available, I'm gonna have to wait in line now.

8. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I have a general reserving question that I don't want to clog up the main forum with.

I have a reservation for the 24th. Are reservations first come first serve? In other words, is there a chance that if I get there right before Apple closes for the day that they've sold all the inventory? I was under the impression a reserve meant that they hold one for you for one day, even if you come in late in the day.

9. g8orballboy macrumors regular

Ahhh...you're right, my bad!

10. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

just to clear.... reserving for in store pick up does NOT charge your card?

11. diabolic macrumors 68000

It does not charge you for the reservation. However, you are too late if you wanted to reserve one for launch day.

12. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Just get there early, good possibility they will sell the remaining ones to walk ins.

13. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

This has been asked and debated quite a bit. I'm not going to get into it here, but I will say this, and it's going to my response on this from now on.

Hope for the best, Prepare for the worst.