Does Resetting The iPhone Reset The Battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Project-79, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Project-79 macrumors 6502

Project-79

I (back when I got the iPhone 3G) charged the iPhone and let it die to 0% (x3). The battery was lasting a long time. But, my iPhone stopped working correctly and I had to reset it. Does this reset the battery. I used the iPhone today, and it didn't seem to last as long. I'm at 30% battery level with ~3h 40m usage (mainly game playing), and 10h stand by. Though the numbers don't sound too bad, my battery bar (top right) stayed at 100% for a while before quickly dropping.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance!!!

P-79

2. someguy7014 macrumors member

i dont know for a fact. But i had a similar yet opposite experiance. My iphone 2g had **** battery life, after doing a full restore and then letting the battery drain a few times it got much better.

3. Project-79 thread starter macrumors 6502

Project-79

Interesting... thanks for the info.

Does anyone know for a fact?

P-79

4. b1gted macrumors regular

b1gted

My buddies Iphone 3g was showing Full bar on battery and he had like 6 hours of usage on it. He showed me and, I was like, there is something wrong. He kept playing with it and eventually he said he was in a game and it locked up. He had to reset the phone and it wouldn't come back on. He plugged it in and it immediately showed that the battery was dead and it was now charging it. It had just a sliver of a red showing on the big battery that comes up on the screen when you plug it in for charging.

Just happened that one time, he said he hasn't seen it do that again.

5. Project-79 thread starter macrumors 6502

Project-79

Oh, OK. So you think it may just be a glitch in the software that happens every so often? That would explain my problem.

Thanks for the help!!!!!

P-79

6. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

There is definitely a glitch in the 2.0 software which makes the battery indicator un-usable.

I had 2-3 hours of usage out of mine, after receiving the 20% warning.

Don't go off the battery indicator .. as it's wrong, unfortunately. :rolleyes:

R-Fly

7. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

I got quite excited the other day after draining my battery, the next day after a full charge, I had a full green meter and had used it all day. Then about an hour later it died. Meter is definitely not working correctly at times. Only happened that one day, but if it happens in that direction, it probably tells you 20% left when it's got more than that left as well.

8. Project-79 thread starter macrumors 6502

Project-79

Thanks for the info!

2.0.1 can't get here fast enough!

P-79