iPhone Does Resetting Unjailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Josh7047, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Josh7047 macrumors newbie

My itunes backup isnt working for some reason after Pangu JB. I want to reset all settings and data and restore thru iCloud. Will this unjailbreak my phone?

2. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

It will put it in a boot loop if you reset it that way. You need to wipe via iTunes and restore your backup that way.

3. Josh7047 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ive already Jailbroken, and the restore from backup did not work. It said it was corrupted

4. dahauss macrumors regular

You have to put phone in recovery mode and restore from iTunes. Then jailbreak

5. Josh7047 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Yes that's it and do you have the latest version of iTunes?

7. Chukwe macrumors regular

Your Backup is corrupt for some unknown reason. You'll have to restore with an older backup that worked. It's a pain, sorry.

8. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Never reset a jailbroken phone. It'll go into an eternal boot loop. Like the others have said, you'll need to use the Restore feature via iTunes. Make sure you have Find My iPhone disabled before you do so. The easiest way to get to Restore mode is by holding the power button and the home key until the phone restarts ... then keep holding until you get the picture to connect your phone to iTunes.

9. Josh7047 thread starter macrumors newbie

So put it into recovery mode and restore from the backup or restore back to iOS 8.1?

10. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

First restore and setup as new, than jailbreak and at the end restore from backup.

11. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

DFU mode is better - Hold home and power for 10 seconds exactly. After ten seconds, KEEP HOLDING HOME but let go of power. Once iTunes sees the phone in recovery, let go of home. Your screen should be black.

Hope that helps.

12. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

this...you want to restore to a claen 8.1 not a OTA update or restore, it has to be done connected to iTunes

set up as new and skip all the touch id icoud setup

jailbreak

dont play wuth cydia yet

restore from backup

now play with cydia

13. Josh7047 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have only one backup, and its the corrupt one. I have an older version of iTunes(11.something). Im planning on unjailbreaking via itunes. And then restoring via icloud. Then i plan on updating iTunes and making a new backup to my computer. After this i will rejailbreak and restore from the backup. Will this work? Do i have to be in recovery/DFU mode to restore back to iOS8 from this jailbreak?

14. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

I definitely recommend DFU for restore...the safest way.

15. Josh7047 thread starter macrumors newbie

alright so im jailbroken again. i have all my settings, pictures and preferences. However, i have no apps. Will syncing with itunes while jailbroken work?

16. djplaxe2109 macrumors 6502

Yep.

17. white4s macrumors 65816

dfu also gets rid of the infamous other memory