Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iseebird

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
I am planning to hook up my Macbook Air Rev.C to a HD TV though the mini DisplayPort to HDMI but I want to know if I'll get audio though the mini DisplayPort.

I know that the new 2010 Macbook Pro's support audio and video though the mini DisplayPort but don't know if anyones got this working on their macbook air.

I tried looking though the forums and online but nothing really came up about this topic. Please let me know. Thanks.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Isn't there a third-party solution that uses the USB port for audio? I think the cable has three connectors. One side is MDP and USB, the other side goes to an HDMI. I have read about that working somehow. So, it's possible to use an MBA to send HDMI out but it takes the USB port too.

It would be nice if Apple would update the MBA just to give us the "little" things the MBA still needs from the rest of the Mac notebooks family. The Nvidia 320m, the glass trackpad, the audio through MDP, digital audio (instead of analog), SD Card slot, and the 4 GB RAM. I don't think most of us would complain to get the exact same CPU de-throttled... so Apple doesn't need to have a CPU to upgrade to, as it can upgrade the MBA without upgrading the CPU's model number.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.